Back home in Santa Cruz!

I’ve said it many times before, but Santa Cruz is effectively my home, and I’d never felt that more than when I arrived in town! I was given the warmest welcome by everyone that I knew, and it was the type of thing to bring a tear to my eye! I missed y’all so much, and it’s so flattering to have people so happy to see me once again! I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face for the first few days!

In some ways, it almost felt like I never left. I still found myself hanging out regularly at the level-up video games store, meeting cool people, and getting involved with whatever was going on. I did take some opportunities with my new camera and tripod to explore some of SC’s more iconic spots, such as the beach and boardwalk, and got some of my favorite photos from these locations.

I checked up on a few things I left in town, and traded them with some of the things I had in my luggage already, including getting out a new jacket, and a few of my older plushes. I also took a day to head up to the UCSC campus, which I’d surprisingly never done before, despite my huge amount of time in Santa Cruz. I was told that there was a really nice spot with a view of the entire town, and I thought it’d be a really good spot to record a video

Finally, on the last few days of my time in town, there was a video games art show in the level-up store, and I just had to come in there with my plushes and video game, to chat with the people who came in, and other artists. It was completely free, so I had no reason not to come along!

After this, I actually had plans to head to LA where I’d stay for a few days, and then get a cheduled bus to San Antonio. However, this plan fell through when I fell extremely sick just a few days before I intended to go to LA, and wasn’t in a position to go anywhere. After a few days, I’d recovered a little, but still wasn’t in great condition, but had no choice due to my LA bus being scheduled on a fixed date. As such, I had to skip on my intended visit to LA, and just head straight in to then immediately catch my bus out. It was a bit of a disappointment, since I really wanted to visit LA, but I’m sure I’ll have another opportunity at a better time.

Now I’m in San Antonio, and still recovering from whatever I caught last week. Hopefully I should be better soon!